Auto Repair Shops
now browsing by category
Car insurance in Virginia is a necessity whether you plan on driving to the corner store or you are taking a weekend road trip. However, getting the coverage you want can be expensive. Here are three ways to lower your premium no matter what kind of car you drive.
Keep Your Driving Record Clean
When it comes to driving, safety is generally the main concern for most motorists. Unfortunately, many people still choose to behave recklessly on the road. To combat this problem, insurance companies offer a significant discount to drivers who have a spotless record. This encourages safety and courtesy behind the wheel.
Get Good Grades
If you are currently attending school, it may be possible to receive an additional discount for above average grades. Whether you are just beginning to drive or you have children who are preparing to get a permit, good grades demonstrate motivation and reliability, qualities that your insurance company wants to reward.
Stick With the Same Insurer
Finally, using the same insurer for different types of policies can cut back on your expenses. For example, many companies also offer policies for homeowners and small businesses. If you already have some form of insurance, talk to a representative about affordable car insurance in Virginia and ask about discounts for existing customers.
Everyone in Connecticut would like to save a little cash every month, and car insurance can be a good place to find a few extra dollars. If you are shopping for cheap car insurance in CT, there are some tips that will help you save money:
Carefully consider your insurance limits and deductibles. If you can afford to pay a slightly higher deductible, you should be able to find an insurance policy with a lower monthly cost.
Account for your lifestyle when shopping for cheap car insurance in CT. Did you used to drive to work every day, but now you take the train? You might be eligible for a low-mileage discount. Did you recently get married? Many insurance companies offer a discount for married couples and domestic partners, or a discount for combining policies.
Ask for discounts. This simple trick is one that many people forget to take advantage of. By looking for discounts or asking what may be available, you might find savings that are already available to you.
Sometimes cheap car insurance in CT is sold with high deductibles and low coverage, meaning the costs of being in an accident could be exorbitant. Get peace of mind by shopping with an insurance agent who will design your insurance policy to include the coverage you need at a price you can afford.
Employees who work at a vehicle showroom may expect hazards to come more likely from parking lot fender-benders than injuries received during a holdup, but that’s exactly what happened recently at a large showroom where the latest in luxury cars were on display. A young couple masquerading as potential buyers suddenly turned on the salesman who was preparing to take them on a test drive. The man shoved the salesman out of the passenger seat while the female held a gun on the salesman as the two got into an expensive SUV and sped off. The astonished salesman made an attempt to run after them, which was when the woman fired a shot at him, wounding him in the shoulder. Police and paramedics were on the scene just a few minutes later, and the shaken employee was taken to the hospital for his wound to be treated. Auto dealership insurance was in place to cover the loss of the SUV and the damage sustained to two other vehicles that were sideswiped as the bandits drove away, and the employee was covered by the company’s workers compensation coverage because his injuries were sustained while he was on the job. However, the entire staff learned a valuable lesson that day about what to do, or not do, should they find themselves face to face with criminals intent on robbing the business.
Remain as calm as possible. Doing so will not only help limit the tension of the situation (and help reduce the possibility of getting hurt), it will help you observe and retain information about the criminals that can later prove important in finding the perpetrators.
Don’t be a hero. The situation is likely to escalate if you resist or try to struggle with the robbers.
Trigger the alarm-possibly. If there is a burglar alarm on site, activate it only if you are able to do so unobtrusively.
Call the authorities. As soon as the robbers make a getaway, gather coworkers and management and go to a secure location in the building, lock the door, and contact the police by dialing 911. Write down details of the incident before they’re forgotten.
Shutter the business until further notice to aid the police in preserving evidence at the scene of the crime.
Collect names and phone numbers of any witnesses who don’t wish to wait for the police to get there, as well as surveillance video footage or pictures to provide to the police.
Call your insurance agent. Your professional agent can provide you with guidance (such as arranging for employee counseling to deal with trauma) and support to help employees overcome the trauma of the event, as well as begin the auto dealership insurance claims process. Contact your agent today to learn more.
Because many garage owners are in the business of auto body repair, they require a specific insurance program to effectively address the unique risks and exposures their businesses face on a daily basis. The automotive repair and maintenance industry employs more than 1.3 million U.S. workers and it involves a number of serious health risks, along with the threat of bodily injury to workers and customers.
Insurance for auto repair shops can help reduce liability concerns in a number of areas, but some safety measures can reduce many issues. Owners can take the following actions to stem the likelihood of accidents:
- Train workers to identify chemical, fire, noise, safety and environmental concerns
- Switch to safer products, such as water-based cleaners, whenever possible
- Inspect all tools and equipment regularly
- Ask workers to report hazards immediately
- Require workers to report symptoms of illness immediately
- Wear masks to protect against cancer and lung disease from asbestos
- Wear protective gloves and other protective equipment when working with solvents and other hazardous materials, and
- Clean up spills promptly
By instigating safety training on these issues an owner can reduce the odds of workers comp claims, and also protect the business from damage or the threat of lawsuits. In addition to workers comp insurance, available coverages are designed to fit many needs and may include:
- Garagekeepers Coverage – Provides physical damage coverage for customers’ vehicles. Available coverage options are; a) that which pays only for damages the owner is legally liable for, or b) coverage that pays for damages to a customers’ vehicle regardless of any legal liability.
- Garage Liability Coverage – Provides liability coverage for accidents arising from garage operations resulting in bodily injury, property damage, and personal or advertising injury.
- Building and Business Personal Property – Provides coverage for buildings and personal business property, such as tools and computers.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – Provides coverage for actual loss of business income if operations cease due to a covered loss and extra expenses incurred due to the loss.
- Important Business Documentation Coverage – Coverage for accounts receivable, electronic data and valuable papers could help repair, replace or restore lost electronic and printed business records.
- Crime and Fidelity Coverage – Protects the business from loss of money, securities or inventory resulting from acts committed by employees and non-employees. This covers activities such as employee dishonesty, embezzlement, forgery, robbery and burglary.
Insurance for auto repair shops is a valuable coverage that provides much needed protection. Speak to an agent about any questions or concerns.