Comprehensive Coverage a Must for Fuel Dealers
Due to the nature of the business, propane dealers are exposed to a greater than normal number of liability risks. In order to ensure total protection, it is essential that fuel suppliers obtain broad-based insurance coverage.
The Basics and More
When considering insurance coverage, it is important to consult with an agent who is experienced in dealing with a niche industry like the fuel supply business. Under expert guidance, insurance can be specialized to fit the specific needs of the company in question.
Most packages of insurance for propane dealers include general liability, property, crime and inland marine coverage (which protects against the loss of property while in transit). Within this package, businesses have the option of adding additional endorsements or stand-alone policies. Typically, a comprehensive bundle of insurance may include the following:
- Pollution and umbrella liability for potential environmental risks encountered by handling and distributing fuel
- Mobile and fixed equipment coverage for pipes, fixtures and tank barns
- Business income for possible work stoppages due to fuel shortages or natural disasters
- Business auto/truck for vehicles used for delivery or any other business activity
- Workers compensation coverage to satisfy the legal requirement of almost every state for companies with at least one employee
- Employee benefits insurance for protection in case of errors or omissions in the administration of employee benefits plans
Consider your coverage options. Contact an agent who can design a plan tailor-made for propane dealers.