Insurance Solutions for Staffing Agencies
Staffing insurance solutions exist to help staffing agencies mitigate the many financial risks they face. Here is a description of some of their unique problems and a few of the insurance policies that help solve them.
The problems staffing agencies encounter are substantial, and can be daunting to anyone thinking of getting started in the industry. Besides the typical hurdles inherent to any business venture, such as coming up with start-up money and investing in advertising, a staffing agency faces unique challenges in managing potential litigation. Consider the following facts:
- Employees work at diverse locations.
- Each client company has different requirements of its workers.
- The staffing agency is accountable to both the businesses and employees for potential recruitment errors.
Luckily, there are many types of policies to protect staffing agencies from the cost of dealing with legal claims. Here are just a few of them:
- General liability. Covers personal injuries that occur at the agency’s place of business.
- Professional liability. Pays for the cost of representation should a client claim that the agency failed in its duties.
- Employment practice liability. Protects against diverse lawsuits such as those claiming discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination.
Don’t be intimidated by the logistics of running a staffing agency. By carrying the right insurance, you can solve potential problems before they occur.