Tailor A Health Insurance Plan To Fit Your Needs And Your Budget
Healthcare expenses can cause extreme financial difficulty.
Acquiring affordable healthcare is a challenge that affects more and more Americans each month. Without health insurance, individuals and families are hit hard with the ever-increasing out-of-pocket expenses for healthcare. Healthcare expenses often escalate to the point of financially debilitating families and individuals, especially when individuals are uninsured. In fact, about 50% of personal bankruptcies are the result of medical expenses.
Find ways to reduce your healthcare expenditures.
If you are purchasing health insurance in Baltimore independent of your employer, there are often ways to reduce your health insurance premium and out-of pocket expenses. For instance many health insurance providers give premium and out-of-pocket discounts for
- Choosing a higher coinsurance percentage, such as 70/30 or 65/35 rather than 80/20
- Choosing a higher deductible
- Limiting the amount of doctor office visits to a certain number per year, rather than having unlimited office visit coverage
- Opting for generic prescription drug coverage only, instead of generic and brand name prescription coverage.
- Using doctors and facilities that are included in your policy’s network
- Using a prescription discount card rather than prescription coverage
There are plans for every situation.
The goal in choosing health insurance in Baltimore is to figure out which combinations of coverage and cost will be the least expensive in the long run. The choice will depend on what you project to be the most likely scenario for medical needs.